Hear more about the course from our Course Lead Ian Dunn (Specialist in Periodontics)
FGDP Short Course in Periodontics
The course qualifies for 25 verifiable hours of CPD
- Current registration with the UK General Dental Council or equivalent in another country.
- Indemnity or insurance cover at an appropriate level.
- High level of competence in English (IELTS Level 7 or equivalent).
Further questions? call 02078696766 or email
- Adequately document a patients' periodontal health
- Assess risk factors for periodontal disease on an individual patient basis.
- Understand the pathogenesis of periodontal disease and its management.
- Effectively treatment plan patients presenting with periodontal disease within the context of a comprehensive restorative treatment plan.
- Understand the role of the patient in disease control and how to motivate patients.
- Use contemporary non-surgical techniques in disease control.
- Recognise presenting conditions that require the use of antimicrobials.
- Diagnose and effectively treat periodontic /endodontic lesions
- Understand the indications for surgical periodontal treatment.
- Carry out basic flap surgery.
- Perform root resection surgery.
- Perform periodontal regenerative surgery.
- Perform crown lengthening surgery.
- Perform simple grafting surgery.
NEXT: Fees and Dates