Hear more about the course from our Course Lead Ian Dunn (Specialist in Periodontics)
FGDP Short Course in Periodontics
The course qualifies for 25 verifiable hours of CPD
The course is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. This means it is of high quality and is internationally recognised.
- Current registration with the UK General Dental Council or equivalent in another country.
- Indemnity or insurance cover at an appropriate level.
- High level of competence in English (IELTS Level 7 or equivalent).
As this is a post graduate course, candidates are expected to have completed their DF1 (VT) year before applying.
Further questions? call 02078696766 or email
- Adequately document a patients' periodontal health including contemporary diagnosis.
- Assess risk factors for periodontal disease on an individual patient basis.
- Understand the pathogenesis of periodontal disease and how it affects our management.
- Effectively treatment plan patients presenting with periodontal disease within the context of a comprehensive restorative treatment plan.
- Understand the role of the patient in disease control and how to motivate patients.
- Use contemporary non-surgical techniques in disease control.
- Recognise presenting conditions that require the use of antimicrobials.
- Diagnose and effectively treat periodontic /endodontic lesions
- Understand the indications for surgical periodontal treatment.
- Carry out basic flap surgery.
- Understand the indications for root resection surgery and the techniques.
- Perform periodontal regenerative surgery.
- Perform crown lengthening surgery.
- Perform simple soft tissue grafting surgery.
NEXT: fees and dates