The latest edition of FGDP’s Primary Dental Journal is now available to view online. As a member, you have online access to the current and all previous issues of both Primary Dental Journal and Primary Dental Care, enabling you to read the latest journal before the print edition lands on your doorstep.
Guest edited by Abhi Pal, the Summer 2019 edition of the Primary Dental Journal gives an overview of dento-legal issues, addressing the challenges faced by registrants in daily dental practice in our increasingly litigious society. With ever-increasing patient expectations, regulation and ease of making complaints to contend with, dental professionals need to manage a wide range of risks. Leaders in the legal aspects of dentistry have helped us compile a unique issue of the journal which will help FGDP Members to continue delivering high quality patient care in the modern environment.
- Professional standards: where are we now? (Kevin Lewis)
- Grey matters: 2006 and all that (Raj Rattan & Len D'Cruz)
- Human factors in dentistry (Mick Horton)
- Dento-legal aspects of advertising and the use of social media by dental professionals (Helen Kaney)
- Consent to treatment in the post-Montgomery era: principles and implications for the dental team (Igor Blum & Stephen Hooper)
- 'If it ain't in the notes . . .' dental record-keeping in adversity (Stephen Henderson)
To access the new edition of PDJ, visit https://www.fgdp.org.uk/In%20Practice/primary-dental-journal, log in as a Member and follow the links.
Each issue of the Primary Dental Journal is accompanied by two related quizzes, one for General Dental Practitioners and one for Dental Care Professionals. Available exclusively to FGDP(UK) Members, each quiz generates a GDC-compliant certificate for 3 hours’ CPD on successful completion. The CPD quiz for the Summer 2019 issue will soon be available on our CPD quizzes page, where you can also take quizzes based on all previous issues