Course Tutors Required for the FGDP(UK) Diploma in Implant Dentistry
The Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) invites applications for Course Tutors for the London intake of its successful Diploma in Implant Dentistry commencing in February 2012.
The aim of this programme is to provide education and training for general dental practitioners to enable them to practise implant dentistry to a high standard and in the best interests of the patient. On completion of the programme the dentist should gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Define and carefully execute the most suitable treatment for the patient
- Communicate effectively with the patient, outlining the benefits of the proposed treatment
- Carry out any procedures required to augment deficient sites within the capabilities of the practitioner
- Carry out surgical and restorative aspects of implant therapy and provide the patient with aesthetic and functional restorations to a high degree of predictability
- Monitor and maintain the treatment that has been completed for the patient
This is a two-year programme and will be held in the main at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, London.
Applications are invited from generalist dentists who have experience in Implant Dentistry for the position of Course Tutors for the clinical component of these programmes. Please be aware that experience of mentoring or coaching is essential. Tutors are expected to attend 14 course units mainly on Friday and Saturdays across two years.
The aim is to provide support for the participants for the work-based component. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading formal tutorial sessions
- Guidance in the planning of treatment and supervising cases
- Mentoring and monitoring participant progress through demonstration and observation of clinical procedures at the participant or tutor practice
Tutors will be reimbursed in accordance with FGDP(UK) agreed rates of pay.
Please contact the FGDP(UK) Education office on 0207 869 6758 if you have any queries or would like an application pack sent to you by post.
The application form should be returned to the Faculty by email to: email@example.com no later than Friday 21st October 2011.
Selection of successful applicants will be based on a completed application form in the first instance by the FGDP(UK) Diploma in Implant Dentistry Executive Committee.