Health Education England is inviting FGDP(UK) members to its series of workshops on its Advancing Dental Care programme.
Advancing Dental Care is HEE's review of dental education and training in England, which aims to improve NHS recruitment and retention, and address geographical and skills shortages. The purpose of the events is to share the review’s evidence and findings to date, to test thinking, and to develop and discuss options for flexible training for the dental workforce.
There are 15 events taking place across England between October 2019 and January 2020, each of which comes with certificated CPD hours:
- Thursday 24 October 2019, 6-8pm, Manchester
- Monday 28 October 2019, 6.30-8.30pm, Derby
- Thursday 31 October 2019, 6.30-8.30pm, Birmingham
- Monday 4 November 2019, 2-4.30pm, Durham
- Wednesday 6 November 2019, 6-8pm, Liverpool
- Thursday 7 November 2019, 6-8pm, Preston
- Tuesday 12 November 2019, 6.30-8.30pm, Cambridge
- Wednesday 13 November 2019, 6-8pm, Chester
- Thursday 14 November 2019, 5-7pm, London
- Tuesday 26 November 2019, 6-9pm, Slough
- Thursday 28 November 2019, 6-9pm, Eastleigh
- Wednesday 4 December 2019, 1-4pm, Leeds
- Tuesday 10 December 2019, 6-9.30pm, Bristol
- Wednesday 18 December 2019, 5.30-7.30pm, London
- Thursday 9 January 2020, 6-9.30pm, Plymouth
Ian Mills, Dean of the FGDP(UK), is representing the Faculty at HEE's national Advancing Dental Care 'stakeholder forum', and said:
“The Advancing Dental Care review is far-reaching in scope, and will have profound effects upon the future of the profession, so I strongly encourage all FGDP(UK) Members in England to attend their local workshop and let HEE know their views on its proposals.”
Further information about the review is available at https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/advancing-dental-care/advancing-dental-care-phase-ii, and further information about the workshops is available via the links above.