The Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) has now re-commenced its Fellowship by Assessment award. Fellowship is made to members of the Faculty in recognition of the high standards they have achieved as a primary care dentist.
The role of the Fellowship Chief Facilitator is new and one that incorporates the previous Chief Assessor role. To demonstrate suitability for Fellowship of the Faculty, candidates submit a portfolio containing evidence of the quality of their practice.
Chief Facilitator will play a critical part in leading and managing, with support of the Fellowship Management Board and FDGP(UK) Education Team, any changes to the assessment process.
This is a contractual role, with the person appointed being self-employed and remunerated for an average of 6 sessions per month at ‘Guild’ rate. This may vary to meet the demands of the Fellowship during the first year of appointment. The length of the initial contract will be 18 months and will be extended by agreement with the successful candidate. All related travel and subsistence costs will be reimbursed in line with FGDP(UK) policy.
All related travel and subsistence costs will be paid in line with FGDP(UK) policy.
Applicants will have:
- Full registration with the General Dental Council as a dentist and be of good standing.
- Postgraduate qualification(s) appropriate to the post.
- Fellowship of the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) by assessment or equivalent.
- Sufficient time to undertake the role including attendance at Fellowship Management Board meetings.
- An in-depth understanding of portfolio assembly at postgraduate level, including familiarity with reflective report writing.
Please click here an application pack:
- Role description & Person Specification
- Application Form
Please return completed applications to Cherie Collins, Education & Qualifications Programme Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 5 March 2018.
Following the application deadline successful applicants will be invited, by email, to an interview (date TBC).
For further information about the role, please contact Digby Ingle, Head of Education and Qualifications, email@example.com