FGDP(UK) Members now have access to over 50 hours of free Continuing Professional Development through the Primary Dental Journal.
Since 2015, each issue of the PDJ has been accompanied by three hours' CPD, exclusive to Faculty Members, given upon successful completion of the related quiz.
There are separate quizzes for General Dental Practitioners and Dental Care Professionals, each with 15 multiple choice questions based on the related issue, and the recent publication of the Autumn 2019 issue of PDJ has brought the total available CPD to over 50 hours.
Quizzes are available in relation to 17 issues of the journal:
- Fixed Prosthodontics (Autumn 2019)
- Dento-legal Matters (Summer 2019)
- The General Issue (Spring 2019)
- Dental Pain & Anxiety (Winter 2018/2019)
- Primary Care Oral Surgery (Autumn 2018)
- Digital Dentistry (Summer 2018)
- Dental Radiography (Spring 2018)
- Removable Prosthodontics (Winter 2017)
- Extended Integrated Care (Autumn 2017)
- Dental Emergencies (Summer 2017)
- Operative Dentistry (Spring 2017)
- Orthodontics (Winter 2016)
- Tooth Wear (August 2016)
- Endodontics (May 2016)
- Oral Mucosal Disease (February 2016)
- Paediatric Dentistry (November 2015)
- General Issue (August 2015)
Completion of a quiz generates a personalised certificate which Members can save or print to add to their CPD portfolios. Certificates based on issues published since January 2018 are pre-populated with relevant learning objectives and development outcomes so as to be automatically compliant with the General Dental Council’s new CPD requirements, and those based on previous issues will be expanded accordingly in 2020.
To access the quizzes, Members should log in to the FGDP website and visit https://www.fgdp.org.uk/member-area/cpd-quizzes.
To read the related issues of the Primary Dental Journal, Members should take advantage of their exclusive access to the online PDJ library at https://www.fgdp.org.uk/member-area/primary-dental-journal – or consult their printed copies.