Joining us as a Student Member is the start of your career journey with us.
From graduation to foundation training; from gaining the coveted MJDF postgraduate award to securing your first job and beyond; we are with you every step of the way.
Joining the Faculty complements your BDS studies. We can guide and support your professional development through enhancing your skills, building up your CPD, and engaging with the dental community through leadership roles. With access to dentists throughout the UK and inspiration from distinguished practitioners in all areas of dental practice, you will not only have opportunities to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to excel, you will also be better prepared for real-life dentistry.
Your Student Membership benefits:
- Keep up to date with free online access to our respected quarterly journal, Primary Dental Journal (worth £75). The Journal includes evidence-based guidance and real-life scenarios, so is an ideal resource for both assignments and placements.
- The Faculty is a passionate community of peers dedicated to improving oral healthcare for all. Enhance your professional network, and access support from your local dental community through our Divisions
- Discounts on FGDP(UK) books and publications
- Take charge of your career with discounts on our range of courses, conferences and events which can allow you to improve your clinical and professional skills.
- Our regular student e-newsletter will keep you up to date with subjects that are relevant to you. Student Bites brings together the latest news, as well as insights into having a positive student experience and a successful career in general dental practice.
- Up to 40% discount on cinema tickets can help you keep a work-life-balance.
Student membership is free for UK students on a BDS course.