FGDP(UK) transfer to the College of General Dentistry
FGDP(UK) will transfer to the College of General Dentistry from 1 July 2021. Faculty members are invited to confirm their membership preference to come into effect from this date onwards. Information about the transfer can be found here. Membership of the College is currently open to FGDP(UK) members, and DCPs. Membership will open to all dental professionals soon. You can find out more about CGDent membership on their website.
Membership of FGDP(UK) can help you to reach your professional goals. It also gives you professional credibility and trustworthiness, as well as demonstrating to your peers and patients that you are serious about your profession. Being part of a powerful group with the clout to represent the interests of dental professionals and dentistry is a means to influence the future of the profession giving the recognition and prestige that you may be seeking.
With thousands of members, the Faculty provides a useful connection to peers with the same interests and passions as you. Notwithstanding this opportunity to build long-lasting professional and personal ties, your fellow members bring support, alongside exposure to different viewpoints, ideas and outlooks.
Our membership offers a range of benefits:
Get your career moving
- Significant member discounts on our diverse range of Postgraduate Diploma programmes and short courses*which improve your clinical knowledge and skills. (In many cases, the discount outweighs the cost of your annual membership.)
- Member discounts on local study days, study groups and hands-on training in your area*.
- Great opportunities to earn CPD hours, including 12 hours of free, verifiable CPD every year with the Primary Dental Journal.
- 50% discount on all our standards books.
*Discounts apply to programmes and events delivered in the UK.
Achieve professional recognition
- Internationally recognised post nominals
- Members' FGDP(UK) logo for use in your communications.
- Become a Full Member or Fellow and feature on our searchable Member Register. You can link to your own member profile page so that your patients and colleagues know that you are trustworthy as you uphold our standards of excellence.
- Free subscription to the highly-regarded Primary Dental Journal (PDJ), including PDJ online (worth £108).
- Monthly members' e-newsletter with regular updates on changes in general dentistry guidelines, best practice and FGDP(UK) news.
- Access to key journals and databases through The Royal College of Surgeons of England's online library which includes OVID Medline and Embase (UK GDPs only), for Associates, full Members and Fellows. The British Dental Journal and Evidence-based Dentistry are two of the many e-journals are available via the online library.
Connect with your community
- Tap into your local network of like-minded dental professionals and participate in study days, hands-on training, networking events and more.
- Build your professional network, connecting with other members who can become your mentors, supporters, peers and friends.
- Give something back to the profession, raise your profile and have influence within your community by becoming a tutor, lecturer, mentor, or assessor for our courses and study groups.
- Members of the Faculty are eligible to join the College of General Dentistry for a small fee. The College builds on the work of FGDP(UK) and is the UK’s first independent college for primary dental care.
- Members and Fellows - develop your leadership skills and stand for election onto our national Board, one of our subject-matter committees or your local FGDP(UK) Division.
- Choose the representatives for your profession through voting in our national and local Board elections when you hold Member or Fellow status.
- Flexible payment plans allow you to spread the cost of membership. And if your circumstances change, for example you start full time study, or are on maternity leave, concessions are available.
- Access discounted cinema tickets - with savings of up to 40%
- Members and Fellows - you can save up to 8% on your Dental Protection subscription, if you are also a Member or Fellow of the College of General Dentistry.