Joining FGDP(UK) can help you to reach your professional goals, as well as demonstrating to your peers and patients that you are serious about your profession.
Our membership offers a range of benefits:
Get your career moving
- Significant member discounts on our diverse range of postgraduate diploma programmes and short courses. (In many cases, the discount outwieghs the cost of your annual membership.)
- Member discounts on local study days, study groups and hands-on training in your area.
- Great opportunities to earn CPD hours, including 12 hours of free, verifiable CPD every year with the Primary Dental Journal.
- Member discounts on all our standards books and access to Standards in Dentistry online content.
Achieve professional recognition
- Internationally recognised post nominals
- Members' FGDP(UK) logo for use in your communications.
- Become a Full Member or Fellow and feature on our searchable Member Register. You can link to your own member profile page.
- Free subscription to the highly-regarded Primary Dental Journal (PDJ), including PDJ online.
- Monthly members' e-newsletter with regular updates on changes in general dentistry guidelines, best practice and FGDP(UK) news.
- An Athens account, giving access to key journals and databases such as The Royal College of Surgeons of England's online library which includes OVID Medline and Embase (UK GDPs only) when you hold Member or Fellow status.
Connect with your community
- Tap into your local network of like-minded dental professionals and participate in study days, hands-on training, networking events and more.
- Give something back to the profession, raise your profile and have influence within your community by becoming a tutor, lecturer, mentor, or assessor for our courses and study groups.
- Members and Fellows - develop your leadership skills and stand for election onto our national Board, one of our subject-matter committees or your local FGDP(UK) Division.
- Choose the representatives for your profession through voting in our national and local Board elections when you hold Member or Fellow status.