The FGDP(UK) provides evidence-based guidance and standards for the whole of the dental profession in order to promote high quality practice and patient care. Our publications are available in hard copy and/or free of charge online:
- Implications of COVID-19 for the safe management of general dental practice supports dental professionals to take a risk- and evidence-based approach to providing safe general dental care in the current circumstances.
- Dentistry during COVID-19: psychological advice for dental teams, policy makers and communicators was developed in conjunction with the British Psychological Society and is published as an adjunct to Implications of COVID-19 for the safe management of general dental practice
- Guidance Notes for Dental Practitioners on the Safe Use of X-ray Equipment sets standards for the safe use of x-ray equipment within dental practice.
- Standards in Dentistry is a comprehensive collection of standards and guidelines for primary dental care.
- Clinical Examination and Record-Keeping is a complete reference guide to record-keeping and examination, including history-taking, consent, confidentiality, data protection and more.
- Selection Criteria for Dental Radiography is the leading guideline on indications for radiographic investigation, covering treatment planning and monitoring, ionising radiation regulations and best practice.
- Antimicrobial Prescribing in Dentistry gives clear, simple and practical guidance to dentists on when to prescribe antimicrobials, what to prescribe, for how long and at what dosage.
- Dementia-Friendly Dentistry enables dental professionals to understand dementia and its implications for dental practice, and adapt their patient management and clinical decisions accordingly.
- Training Standards in Implant Dentistry summarises the training that should be undertaken to carry out implant dentistry safely, and the standards which should be met by training courses.
- An introduction to Research for Primary Dental Care Clinicians introduces the principles of research methodology, discusses the relevance of research to primary dental care, and provides an overview of the different stages in a research project.
- Key Skills in Primary Dental Care is an e-learning package providing essential guidance to dentists and the whole dental team, with a certificate of 7 hours of verifiable CPD upon completion.
To be kept informed when alterations and additions are made to our guidance and standards portfolio, sign up to the Faculty's quarterly e-newsletter:
|Some out-of-print editions of the above publications are available electronically on request. Please email us for details and availability. An administration fee may apply.|