Thursday 25 March 2021, 7pm
Following a shared commitment by the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) and College of General Dentistry to promote equality, diversity and inclusivity in the profession, this free webinar, in collaboration with Prodental CPD, will examine disability and dentistry.
Chair: Ian Mills, Dean, FGDP(UK)
Session 1 - Challenges of delivering oral health to patients with disabilities
1. Biomedical / Social models of disability and learning difficulty – Dr Sasha Scambler
2. Regulation in relation to the Disability Act – Dr Pat Langley
3. Reflections of a parent – Dr Sarah Jane Snape
4. Oral health and disability – providing a level playing field – Dr Charlotte Waite
Session 2 - Working in dentistry with a disability
1. A dentist’s perspective on living with a disability – autism – Abbey Warburton
2. Overcoming a disability as a Dental Nurse – hearing impairment – Abbey Warburton
3. Working in dentistry with a learning difficulty – dyslexia – Dr Linzi Maybin
4. Studying dentistry with a disability – Shona Sawney
The recording of this webinar is available to view free of charge from ProDental CPD at https://www.prodentalcpd.com/module1576/p092-disability-awareness.
You can sign up to our free monthly newsletter to receive up-to-date information on upcoming events, and links to recently-published recordings.