Thursday 27th May, 7.00pm
This free webinar explores the purposes and benefits of the new College of General Dentistry (CGDent), covering:
- Why there is a need for a (Royal) College for Dentistry
- Background & history of the FGDP(UK)
- The challenges facing dentistry today - four perspectives
- How a new College can address these challenges
- Why dental professionals should join the College of General Dentistry
- How to join the College of General Dentistry
Ian Mills, Dean, FGDP(UK) (Chair)
Nairn Wilson, Founding President, CGDent
Mick Horton, Past Dean, FGDP(UK) & Trustee, CGDent
Jitesh Jassal, dental undergraduate student, King's College London & President of the British Dental Students Association
Yewande Oduwole, dental foundation trainee & CGDent Ambassador
Sarah Hill, dental hygienist & FGDP(UK) DCP Representative
Susan Nelson, Vice Dean, FGDP(UK)
Onkar Dhanoya, Vice Dean, FGDP(UK)
Roshni Karia, Chair of Education, FGDP(UK)
Tricia Thomson, Chair of Membership Affairs, FGDP(UK)
Abhi Pal, President Elect, CGDent
Faculty members will hear specifically about what they need to do now to become members of the new College, and what membership will offer them following the transition from FGDP(UK).
Following presentations, the panellists will answer questions from participants.
The recording of this webinar, worth two hours' CPD, is now available to view free of charge to all dental professionals at https://www.prodentalcpd.com/module1618/213-the-new-college-of-general-dentistry.
Recordings of our other webinars are available via our webinars page.