The Preparing for Fellowship programme, offered by the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK), is a unique opportunity to move your career to the next level. It allows you to consolidate personal development, evidence your professional practice and, upon successful completion, entitles you to use post-nominal letters FFGDP(UK).
Fellowships were recognised by the National Qualifications Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland as a 'level 7' higher education award (equivalent to a Master's Degree).
Fellowship recognises the diversity of an individual’s expertise and their achievements in delivering excellence in primary dental care. It acknowledges a candidate's ongoing commitment to professional development and reflective practice, and diligence in upholding the highest clinical and/or non-clinical standards in the following domains:
- Management and/or leadership
- Teaching, education and/or assessment
- Law and Ethics
Eligibility and Registration for the Fellowship Programme
You can apply for Fellowship if you meet the following criteria:
- Postgraduate qualification(s).
- Registration with the General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK (or by an equivalent body approved by the Faculty).
- Before beginning the Preparing for Fellowship programme you will need full FGDP(UK) membership for one year. However, you can still begin your application beforehand Apply for membership
- Be of good standing with the GDC and FGDP(UK).
(Chief Facilitator) (Chair of Fellowship Management Board)
Preparing for Fellowship involves the submission of a portfolio of achievement. The portfolio requires candidates to evidence achievements in primary dental care and their commitment to professional development. Candidates will be allocated a Facilitator who will mentor and offer advice on preparing the portfolio.
If you have any further questions, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org