Fellowship of FGDP(UK) recognises the diversity of an individual’s expertise and their achievements in delivering excellence in primary dental care.
The Preparing for Fellowship programme is a unique opportunity to move your career to the next level. It allows you to consolidate personal development, evidence your professional practice and, upon successful completion, entitles you to use post-nominal letters FFGDP(UK). It is recognised by the National Qualifications Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland as a 'level 7' higher education award (equivalent to a Master's Degree).
Fellowship marks out a candidate's ongoing commitment to professional development and reflective practice, and diligence in upholding the highest clinical and other standards in the following domains:
- Management and/or leadership
- Teaching, education and/or assessment
- Law and Ethics
The Preparing for Fellowship programme is particularly suited to individuals who can exhibit a significant contribution to the dental profession. You will be required to demonstrate important achievements and impact in the domains highlighted above, over a sustained period.
Eligibility and Registration for the Fellowship Programme
You can apply for the Fellowship programme if you meet the following criteria:
- Postgraduate qualification(s) in a dental subject.
- Registration with the General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK (or by an equivalent body approved by the Faculty).
- Good standing with the GDC and FGDP(UK).
- Two supporters who can support your application and corroborate your evidence of eligibility.
- Before beginning the Preparing for Fellowship programme you will need to have one year's full FGDP(UK) membership. However, you can still begin your application beforehand Apply for membership
(Chief Facilitator) (Chair of Fellowship Management Board)
Preparing for Fellowship involves the submission of a portfolio of achievement. The portfolio requires candidates to evidence achievements in primary dental care and their commitment to professional development. Candidates will be allocated a Facilitator who will mentor and offer advice on preparing the portfolio.
Fees are a one off payment of £2000.
If you have any further questions, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org