The Primary Dental Journal (PDJ) is the journal of the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK). Launched on 4 October 2012, the quarterly professional development journal replaces previous publications Primary Dental Care, Team in Practice and First-Hand.
Each issue of PDJ focuses on a key topic in primary care dentistry and offers a combination of research, clinical best practice papers and scenario articles which allow the whole dental team to work together to improve standards of patient care.
The journal's content is grouped around six main areas:
- Faculty news
- Clinical articles – of broad interest but primarily aimed at dentists
- DCP articles
- Non-clinical articles – careers, general interest etc
- Speaker's corner – short communications, and opinions and debate surrounding current issues in general practice.
All paying members of the Faculty will receive a printed copy of the PDJ, as well as access to the journal's articles and CPD online. Please click here if you are not a member and wish to subscribe.
If you are a member and are not receiving copies of the journal, please email the FGDP(UK) at firstname.lastname@example.org to check that your membership details are up-to-date.
Members and subscribers can obtain three hours of verifiable CPD with each issue of the PDJ by passing a CPD quiz. In order to take the quiz, first log in to the website with your username and password, and then navigate to the relevant issue of the PDJ. In the left hand menu there is the option to take either the GDP or DCP quiz. Simply select the one relevant to you.
Write for the Primary Dental Journal
The editorial team welcome submissions on forthcoming themes or expressions of interest in performing peer reviews. Please contact email@example.com for deadlines and further information. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Spring 2017: Conservative Dentistry
- Summer 2017: Dental Emergencies
- Autumn 2017: Patient Assessment
- Winter 2017: Prosthodontics
- Spring 2018: Dental Materials
- Summer 2018: Primary Care Oral Surgery
- Autumn 2018: Dental Technologies